Don't think of it as hiring a writer—think of it as gaining an unofficial member of your team.
I'm a freelance writer and brand messaging consultant with over a decade of experience working in the education and nonprofit sectors. I help solopreneurs, small businesses, schools, and nonprofits in Central Massachusetts create powerful, written content that engages their audiences.
A resident of Northborough, I am an enthusiastic supporter of the shop small movement and the development of businesses in both Metrowest and Central Massachusetts. Prior to launching my business, I served as the Director of Marketing & Communications for Walnut Hill School for the Arts, an independent boarding and day arts high school in Natick, MA. During my time at Walnut Hill, I played a major role in reworking the school’s brand language, building its social media presence, establishing a consistent institutional voice, and developing engaging content across print and digital channels.
I hold a bachelor's degree in theater arts from Boston College, and master's degrees in both arts administration (with a marketing focus) and applied theater from Eastern Michigan University. My artistic experiences have trained me as a sensitive listener and keen observer. These skills along with my writing expertise have served me well in helping individuals and organizations translate their key messages into compelling stories.
When I’m not writing, I enjoy spending time outside, cooking, and making art. I love meeting new people, hearing their stories, and sending real mail (the non-electronic kind).
I HAVE WRITTEN FOR:
- RESOLVE New England
- Sarah Cas Branding & Design
- Scandinavian Living Center
- Silver Leaf Acupuncture
- SO Design Collective
- Stephanie Audette, Brand Architect & Graphic Designer
- Success in Mass, Mike DeFrancesco
- University of Michigan, Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy
- Walnut Hill School for the Arts
- Barrows Hardware
- Betsy Kessler, Rutledge Properties
- Casey Piper Coes Photo Contest
- Elaine Smith Purcell, Vocal Coach & Educator
- Kate M. Gilbert, WordPress Developer
- Kim Jennings Consulting
- Lesley Prowda & Lisa Sewall, Rutledge Properties
- Mansfield Music & Art Society
- New England Wedding Film
- The Paint Bar